Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Polkadot Starfish

Having snorkled with my parents in the Phillipines, I have seen many starfish. I really enjoy watching them move along the sea floor. I was also fascinated in Biology class to see how they eat. They don't move very quickly though, and frequently become victims of other predators. The unique thing about them is that they can regenerate an arm if it becomes removed due to stress or injury. At one time, I think they were being studied to learn how they can regrow a limb in an effort to help people with spinal cord injuries. I hope that someday we can decipher the code that makes that happen. Our God is an awesome planner and when he made the starfish, he did not spare either color, details, or beauty. This marks day 56 of the 100 days and covers Monday.
Polkadot Starfish Acrylic 12 x 12 Sepia with shadowbox frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment