Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Something I love

Scallops! Yum! I love to eat them and wish I lived in Florida for the season where they limit it to buckets of Scallops! Oh well, I will have to be satisfied to get mine at the restaurants! I especially love the ones on the "Yo Mama's Platter" at Ed's Shed on the causeway.
One of the advantages of living on the coast and very near the largest bay in the United States, is the vast quantities of fresh seafood available for eating. Our Mobile Bay is also one of two places in the world that has something called a jubilee. Jubilee's are caused by the lack of oxygen in the water. The lack of oxygen causes the crabs, flounders, eels, and various other sea creatures to rush for the shoreline. If you are lucky enough to be on the call line of a local that knows what is happening, you will get to see it for yourself. This has become one of my goals to see, photograph, and oh maybe pick up some seafood.
Something I Love Acrylic on canvas 12 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment