Thursday, September 13, 2018

Blue crab in color

This is the first of just 3 colored crabs. ( for some odd reason, I thought there would be four!  This painting is done with acrylic purchased here at a wonderful art store called Sitaram. It is three stories of art supplies and I was in heaven. One of the floors was nothing but stack after stack of handmade papers. If I were only doing collage or making books! The acrylic is my correct pigments and I am happy with the quality. The only ome giving me an issue is the burnt sienna. It is very transparent as it is PR101 instead of PBr7. Still non fugitive, just behaves differently. 

I managed to photograph some of the area around our block including one of the structures for Durga Puja. It is a festival of good triumphing over evil. I wish we could see the festival while here, but alas it does not begin until October.  There are also photos showing one of the vendors and a small sample of traffic. There is also an amazing tree with roots hanging down! Also a photo of The Dr Banerjee clinic which opened in 1978.

This is all for today folks, the heat is getting to me.

Blue crab colored, acrylic on canvas,  12x12
Day 74 of the 100 days -100 paintings 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment