Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Sentinel Pelican

We start on our journey home tonight!  I am looking forward to home, but not the journey to get there. Our first leg leaves at an awful time, 2:45 am! We have to be there at the airport 3 hours before the flight. We are first headed to Frankfurt Germany and will arrive about 7:30 am their time. On the way here, we both stopped in Munich and it has a large mall attached. I don't remember Frankfurt having very much, except for a bottle of water that I was desperately seeking. I do remember it costing 8 euros, and that was 5 years ago! Note to self, bring water from plane! (Or at least an empty bottle that I might be able to fill.) This flight is about 9 hours long, maybe I can sleep! (I know Chris will be able to sleep) The last time we were on this flight, he had an outside seat and could stretch his legs. I sat in the middle with a man that slept almost the entire flight after breakfast! Both males, mine included hogged the armrests. I was stuck trying desperately to not disturb them! Our layover there is 6 hours!!!!

Our next flight is the long one, taking us way north to avoid certain airspaces. It became extremely cold for me as I was on the outside of the plane near the window.  I think the plane flew up towards the north pole because of storm activity over the Atlantic. This flight lasts another long period with us landing in Houston,Texas USA! in the evening.

Another 3 hour layover then a short hop home of about 1 1/2 hours. All told, we will be traveling a total of 21 hours according to our travel plan. I think this is just flight times though, add another 9 hours of layovers.

In the meantime, we wait for our journey to start, one more load of laundry,  final packing, last meal here, final goodbyes.........for now.
Home on Wednesday night!

Sentinel Pelican, acrylic on canvas, 12x12
Day 85 of the 100 days- 100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels home. This pelican is representative of beginning your flight home!

    ReplyDelete