Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Whaaaat!

Unreal India.

I shall get photos soon, but bear with me until I can.  The sights as a visual artist are almost overwhelming to me. There are so many colors in saris, fruits, vegetables, flowers, birds, houses and artworks. I never know what we will see next, the woman working in a sari, with a pad on her head,  she carefully places a tray on the pad, then proceeds to balance and place 12 bricks on the tray.  She then stands up,and gracefully walks the bricks into the building site.
In the 90 degree plus heat.
Wearing 15 meters of sari, a petticoat, a pad on her head, and a long braid down her back.
These women are strong, petite, lean, and beautiful. I admire them so much!

We ventured out using the driver thus evening for a bit of an outing.  Chris wanted a shirt from Fab India, so off we went at dusk. Little did we know a short time later the traffic would be ridiculous! We found ourselves in a Mexican standoff in India with nobody wanting to relent! I couldn't see the traffic light either. I know they're there!
Thank God for a good driver!

Whaaaat! Acrylic on canvas, 12x12
Day 73 of the 100 days- 100 paintings 2018

2 comments: