Sunday, September 30, 2018

Blue heron with Tude IV


The joy I feel being home is found in many things. 
Time spent with my husband Christopher is the most precious of all.
We both have hit the ground running since we have come home.
Christopher in his shop, making frames for me and other artists. Me in the studio trying to sort out the myriad of canvases I brought home from India. Eleven of them were already stretched, (the twelfh belonging to our grandson Neel and left in India.) They still needed wires,  cleaning, and varnishing. All got done, and I sold several this weekend.
One of them gets shipped on Monday as a birthday present to Georgia. 

The show this weekend was surprising to say the least! 
This was our inaugural run with the panels and boy did the artworks show extremely well. 
I could not be more pleased with the exception of the velcro situation. 
I will be fixing that problem shortly before the National Shrimp Festival in 10 days. (10 days!!!!) Chris and work well as a team, and I am so grateful for his helping hands and patient listening (sometimes!). Our marriage is definitely a duet most of the time and not a duel. 
I have to admit, I sold more this weekend than I expected. (Including one of my 5 canvas works!)
I am going to be holed up in the studio for the next 10 days working on a litany of projects for shows coming up. 

I also found out that the project at Gulf State Park had a press release sneak peek as of last weekend. I didn't get any phone calls and such, because people did not know what they were looking at in the photos. Now I have posted the photos from the article on my Facebook page, and people are absolutely loving the piece. My artwork was used to make a backsplash at the main restaurant in the Gulf State Park Convention Center. Two canvases that were 16x40 were scanned and put on 4x 16 tiles, the tiles were then used to do the backsplash measuring 28 inches by 12 feet! 
I am so excited that I can now start selling the prints at shows. 
I hope they do well.

I must sign off for now. 
There is a lot to do in the Raccoon Retreat Studio here in Fairhope, Alabama!

Blue Heron with Tude, Acrylic on canvas 15x15
Day 91 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: