Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Nesting

Painted several days ago on September 5th, nesting depicts a pair of ring necked parrots near their place of abode. There are several parrots living in the trees near the home we are staying at in New Delhi. One pair in particular nests within sight. They are a small bird, at least by parrot standards almost being able to be called parakeets.

This pair however was not in Delhi, but at the Taj Mahal in Agra. I took the photo on our anniversary December 28th 2015.
I have been keen to paint it ever since then. I thought the parrots would be appropriate for our new grandson's day of birth as they are from his home country. I plan to do for this grandchild a painting each year on his birthday. When he leaves home to have his own place, he will have a collection to decorate with. I gave our daughter the option of sepia or color and she chose sepia.

I guess I'll paint them again in color some day! They probably will also be on a grander scale as well.

Nesting, Acrylic on canvas 12x12
Day 72 of the 100 days- 100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. Sepia is beautiful!

    Congratulations to all on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to create such precious heirlooms for your grandson. I cannot wait to see this in color one day.

    ReplyDelete