Monday, September 24, 2018

Pelican flight day

Our day was rainy here. From what I can see, it's raining in Fairhope as well. The weather seems appropriate enough to match our moods. Time together well spent, with lots of bonding done with Neel and family here. Then there's the sigh, the tears begin to flow and my heart hurts at the thought of leaving.  I told Christina, "I'm not ready to go yet."
She said "Then stay."
It will be hard to pull up anchor and sail away to a distant shore after feeling the love here and being inspired.

Yet, there is a pull from our place we call home so far away right now. Tomorrow is our last day here and adventure awaits after we get home. First, we will drag our tired bodies into the place we call the Raccoon Retreat. Then the dachshund screaming, barking, and happy whimpering  will begin. I am certain we will just sit on the floor and allow them all over us for a happy reunion. We will then shower and crawl into our own bed.
(Or maybe on the recliner sofa,  covered in dachshunds!)

Thursday finds us hitting ground running. At least I pray we are functioning!  Chris has orders for stretcher bar frames, both from a local artist and of course from me. I have completed a lot of work here and two have sold already. Saturday and Sunday I have the Jubilee show in Daphne. Monday I am shipping colored crab II to a lucky birthday girl in Georgia. There is also a lot of stretching, varnishing, painting, and wiring to be done before shrimp festival.
Permits to be bought for a show, a place to stay during Kentuck near B'ham.
The list is long, but I will never forget my time here.
Time well spent............

Pelican flight day, 12x12, acrylic on canvas.
Day 86 of the 100 days-100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. Dreary rainy day here.
    I can't even imagine the sounds, the licking, the jumping and pure happiness coming from your pops. The are going to be so excited to see you two! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pelicans are so beautiful to me. Your painting is no different! 💜

    ReplyDelete