Saturday, September 1, 2018

Nursery bathroom

It has been a hectic few days since I have arrived in India. Needless to say, I have missed a few days of posting! Wednesday I was pretty much  out of pocket as I was in flight.  The trip to India took 27 hours total, between overlays and flights. I arrived near midnight Wednesday,  and pretty much went straight to bed. I don't sleep well on a plane, especially when I have "chatty" neighbors! I slept until almost noon on Thursday. 

I have been eating local foods and they have been delicious so far. The weather is warm, but everything  is so green now because it is rainy season.

Thursday evening, we went to an Art store that is three floors of wonderful things! I managed to find a good deal to add to the studio space here, for me to continue working on a painting a day. Acrylic paints in jars that were 765 rupees apiece, but were buy two get three free. I also managed to find 12x12 canvases made in house that were buy one get one at 450 rupees each, making them about $3.25 apiece. It's a good thing I'm taking back empty luggage that will soon be filled with art!

The pieces today are for the bathroom in our new grandchilds room. Christina and I arranged and rearranged the babies room until we think we have it the way she wants it to be. All the clothes I brought are washed  and put away in gorgeous built in cabinets. Almost time for baby to arrive!

Nursery bath works, 6x6 acrylic in canvaa
Days 59, 60, 61, and 62 of the
100 days-100 paintings 2018

3 comments: