Saturday, August 15, 2009

Clownfish Capers


Clownfish have always held a fascination for me. When we lived in the Philippines, my parents dove frequently and we had a saltwater tank at the house. We had several fish my parents had caught and I always loved watching them and longing for the next time I could go in the water.One time, they caught a tiny octopus we named Oscar. I really enjoyed watching him while we were bringing him home. He unfortunately did not last for long though, my dad had him in this large opaque bottle with an air hose running to it for the night. This was so the temperature of the water would be closer to the temperature of the tank by morning. Sometime, deep in the dark of night, Oscar decided it would be nice to crawl to the top and out to explore. We found him dried up on the floor the next morning. My parents never again tried to bring an octopus home.
Clownfish Capers Acrylic on Claybord smooth 8 x 10 $95.00

No comments:

Post a Comment