Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sunlit Alligator

We all have "Gators" in our lives. Things and people that eat up our time but don't feed our souls. They gulp us down, without a thought or a thank you.
I am grateful for friends that love me, family that loves me, and doing what I love to do for a living. Most of all, I am very grateful for a supporting spouse that wants to do everything to please me.
Our house is in transition now, Chris and I are still waiting to hear about the house in Fairhope~there is a problem with the Title that the broker seems to think is very small and fixable. I only pray that they "fix" it so we can sign the paperwork, get the key, and start cleaning/sorting out the garbage this weekend. Jere', (our son) had his last day in the Coast Guard. Jessica, our oldest lost her job at the salon (although it is probably for the best). Christina our youngest, starts her last year of college next week.
In the middle of the trips to Fairhope (to bug bomb the house), calls to the city of Fairhope (for permission to remove trees and for trash removal), and handling some phone calls for my womens organization. I am still commited to a painting a day. Today makes my 42nd entry and I am pleased with my progress so far.
"Sunlit Alligator"~ Oil on Canvas 10 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment