Thursday, August 20, 2009

Conch Queen


Did you know that Key West actually tried to become a separate republic from the United States? I was surprised as well to discover this fact. I think it was in 1982 and they still fly the Conch flag and celebrate their "independence" every year. Key West is a beautiful place to visit and Chris and I are planning to go back early next year. Conch fritters are everywhere and the locals swear by them. I find them a bit chewy! I much prefer another "treat" Calamary (Squid tentacles ). I was saddened to hear this evening that Rousso's a restaurant with what has to be the best calamary will be closing it's doors on Sunday. Another victim of the recession, they say. I for one will be sad to see them go.
Conch Queen 8 x 10 Watercolor on Claybord.

No comments:

Post a Comment