Monday, August 27, 2018

Conch mini


Conch shell mini.
I have been in love with conch's for years. I purchased one while we were in Jamaica. 
The fluting on the shell is so beautiful, folds of the home that the creature occupied.
Layer upon layer of hard covering, protection against the dangers of the deep.
The biggest danger to conchs I believe is man. There is even an annual hunt with an allowance per person down in Florida. I have had conch fritters while visiting down in Florida, it is a must when you are down there. I can't say I liked them, they were very chewy.
They really reminded me of clams, tough and almost like chewing rubber bands.

To each his own!

Conch shell mini, Acrylic on canvas, 4x4 inches
Day 57 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. I had a conch bisque that was excellent in Fort Lauderdale years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have a beautiful shell and although I haven’t eaten them; I would think that they’re very chewy. Again, I love your minis!!!Safe travels

    ReplyDelete