Saturday, August 11, 2018

Wisdom of the sea


I absolutely love painting sea turtles, but this guy almost did not happen!
We've had a long day, helping friends from church paint their new home for a few hours, then going home to our own project. We are still working on the panels for shows, and boy are they going to be worth the time spent! Chris used a router on the edges of the frames, while I made the straps with recycled webbing and double sided velcro. We are painting them black so they will blend with the gray covers better. I may also have to make some skirting for the bottoms of the frames. Finally one of my pet peeves will be taken care of! (I cannot stand seeing things under the mesh sides showing.)
I can hardly wait to set them up, photograph the booth, and let you all see!
Most of all, here's hoping that I get into the show I am trying to enter in Florida.

Regardless, they will be an awesome addition to our show equipment, 
making the booth look more like a gallery setting.
I may even paint the grass carpet we bought in the spring on the reverse, so I'll have a "rug" on the floor of my booth. Wouldn't be the first time I've painted a floor!

Wisdom of the Sea, Acrylic on canvas 8 x8
Day 41 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: