Sunday, August 19, 2018

One, two, three, Nursery!


Sometimes an artist just wants to have fun!
These were definitely the ticket.
Several months ago, our Youth pastor at church was having a baby and I wanted to do a gift for them.
I told them I wanted to paint the baby something and the Mom to be said she had the perfect thing she wanted. She handed me the sheets and asked if I could paint the animals from them. 
Very easy, or so I thought! The first step was to find the right paints and transfer them to canvas. 
They were done as single animals on 3 canvases. 
I ran across the photo of the paintings and thought , this is the perfect thing for our baby in India!

I transferred these to the smaller canvases, and altered the giraffe to fit. I also added them in numbers One, Two, and Three. I love how they turned out!
They were a delight to paint.
Hope mommy loves them too!

One, Two, Three, Nursery! Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 12
Day 49 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

2 comments: