Monday, August 13, 2018

Panel day


I did do a lot today, however it had nothing to do with a brush!
So no painting today, but still painting with a spray can. 
We painted the panels black to protect the wood.
11 panels took 14 cans of spray paint, making the cashier comment, "quite a project". 
I said yes mam and rushed out to finish the painting.
The other day, when I picked up 8 more blankets, the person helping me commented, "Are we expecting a severe winter?" I told her no mam, this is a cross over project, I love to use things unexpectedly!

I also spent the day reworking my straps to use on the panels. I thought I had them all figured out, but when I went to demonstrate them, I was disappointed that they did not work the right way.
I spent the morning ripping, then reworking all 2 of them. I am pleased to report they will do quite nicely once attached to the grids. These are the straps that will tie the panels to the tent walls.  I may also have to make skirts for the bottoms of the grids, but we shall see after set up! I then covered a shadowbox frame in canvas. I made the top pieces for the curtains I am taking to India for our daughter. Lastly, we had dinner then went to a friends house to scrub floors for their move in this weekend.

Sometimes in the grand scheme of things, you just have to have a work day. 
Last year, I cleaned and painted my fans we use primarily during the National Shrimp Festival in October. The heat index has hit 122 degrees one year.
I digress, 
My loving husband took a photo of the wire grids so you can see what they look like. Actually this is after we painted them. They were raw wood and he wanted to paint the whole grid instead of just the top and bottom. There are a total of 11 grids, 9 that are 36 inches wide by about 76 tall, and
2 that are 15 x 76.  There will be three per wall that will cause a gap at the corners. We then have the two 15 inch wide ones to fill in the area at an angle and will also cover the weights and poles quite nicely. I am very excited to see these narrow ones in use, as I can already see the possibilities! 
(The "professional" version is 38.5 inches wide to fill a ten foot wall with three panels, thus eliminating the need for the narrow panels.) Ours were made 36 inches wide to fit the dog fencing we are using for a grid to hang from. Our next problem was the covers, which I made from velour type blankets in a nice gray. I am extremely pleased with the results and can't wait to set up the booth and put them all in place. Then came the straps that I mentioned earlier.
We will be setting up the booth later this week to do a test run.
I can hardly wait!



This is one of the panels with art work on it.
I am so happy we are almost through this project to put it behind us!

Show panels~mixed media!
Day 43 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Wish I had your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the other comment, if only I had your energy!!! The artwork on the panel looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete