Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Somewhat crabby III


Another edited version of my favorite seafood to eat! 
Somewhat crabby III is another sepia gone to color.
I am always happy to add color to a sepia if a client wishes. 

When I first started doing outdoor shows, I had very strong color. After several shows with people saying "I just LOVE your work, but I don't know if that color would go on my wall."
As an artist, we offer to change the color.
 I have had some take my offer and I have a happy collector as a result. 
I get it, some people are scared of strong color, some love it!
News flash!
The art does not have to match the couch, the cushions, or the wall!
But, I say this tongue in cheek, I am also flexible to a customers requests.

Enter the sepias.
The afternoon the 10th person said they just didn't know if that color would go on their wall, 
I lost it in the back of my booth!
I literally was beating my head against the poles, exclaiming I don't know what I need to do!
"God you gotta talk to me!"
A small quiet voice said, go neutral. "Neutral, I don't do neutral!"
"I mean how am I going to do that!"
Go neutral again entered my head, go quiet with color.
Keep in mind, this was BEFORE all the home improvement shows, 
as well as before Chip and Joanna Gaines entered our self decorating lives.
Go neutral,
That was almost a decade ago, I have in the past few years started 
doing the colored creatures on white backgrounds. (after another quiet prompt)
It has been an amazing journey so far, this listening to God speaking over my life.
It has prompted me to empty my wallet to a missionary. Give money to another missionary going that afternoon on a trip to Africa. Most recently to offer a ride to a friend that desperately needed one, 
but did not want to ask.

Have you listened today?
God is speaking all the time!
We just don't hear it over the noise of our daily lives.

Somewhat Crabby III, 12 x 12, Acrylic on canvas
Day 31 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

4 comments: