Monday, August 20, 2018

Simply Shrimpy



Simply Shrimpy is a grouping of five little paintings. 
The only problem is the phone won't let me post them together in a line like I wanted.
I painted shrimp like this for the National Shrimp Festival~Eight Flags on Amelia Island. 
Chris and I had the best time at that show back during the first weekend in May.
This was the weekend after the Melbourne Festival of the Arts.
Melbourne was a successful show and I was panicked, painting that week at the campsite. 
 The shrimp were well received, with all 8 I painted sold!
I even had a woman purchase 4 of them as a grouping for a shelf. 
I'm still shaking my head over that one!

I've also gotten in trouble over shrimp, or the lack thereof. 
I was at the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama several years ago. At a lot of these shows there are patrons that purchase certificates for the purchase of artworks. I had a woman come in to my booth asking if I had shrimp paintings for sale. She really liked my style of art and wanted to purchase one for the Alabama Seafood industry. I had to tell her I'm sorry but no shrimp paintings.
She looked at me and said "Well it is the SHRIMP Festival" I said yes mam, you're right!
Lesson learned, I'll have shrimp from now on.
Although I had a shrimp painting that took two years to sell!

Simply Shrimpy, 3x3 inches, Acrylic on canvas
Day 50 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018


2 comments:

  1. Love shrimp! Sauteed, fried, steamed, boiled, alfredo or painted! Good luck at the Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE tiny paintings!!!! 🦐 Maybe the shrimp can have some oyster friends???

    ReplyDelete