Sunday, August 29, 2021

A quick one!


A quick one!
I am posting this little guy (not so little he's 16 x 20) for today.
I started him at my class I taught this past Thursday.
I then brought him to the studio to add the finishing touches.
I am very pleased with how he turned out!

Today so far has been a kind of non-event.
The news has been hammered with the possibilities of Hurricane Ida and her Invest status.
She blew up very quickly after crossing Cuba into the Gulf of Mexico.
When she slammed into the Louisiana coast this morning at 11:55, she was close to a category 5 storm.
Here, some 200 miles from where she hit it has been relatively quiet.
We were predicted to have tropical storm force winds with gusts up to 70mph.
So far, not much wind, but a lot of rain in bands.
Maybe there will be more tonight, it is predicted to give us some wind.
I have seen nothing of photos from the area, so we don't yet know how bad it is over there.
The storm surge is supposed to be very high, and that combined with rain and 
high winds is not a good combination.
I am continuing to pray for Louisiana and the surrounding areas near where she hit as she is still a category 3 nearly 7 hours after landfall.
She has made some bobbles though, she's slogging along dumping rain and allowing the fury of her winds to ravage the area.
Indeed, praying for Louisiana.....

A quick one! Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 20
Day 62 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
 

No comments:

Post a Comment