Saturday, August 21, 2021

The intruder


The intruder is a story that is probably all too familiar to the fishermen in your life.
These beautiful, but intimidating birds are becoming a nuisance on our waterways.
I've seen it more than once, fishermen or women drop a hook, cast a line, throw a net,
 and there swoops in the intruder.
Gliding in on silent wings, sometimes silent, sometimes making the weirdest sounds they can be scary.
We watched three guys drop a hook in the keys and sure enough there he came.
They said sometimes he will snatch the fish right off the line.
Easy pickings for the bird, downright frustrating for the people trying to fish!
They are becoming a problem here for people on the dock and pier as well.
They wait for the opportunity and gulp!
Especially when the cast nets come in full of fish.
Easy pickings indeed!

Today found me answering phone calls and texts as well.
Galleries asking questions.
Texts from galleries as well.
I am so fortunate to get to make art and make money from my "addiction" to creating.
Two galleries sold two paintings apiece today!
Both want new inventory.
It's going to be a few days.........

The intruder, Acrylic on wood panel, 24 inches round
Day 54 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021



 

1 comment:

  1. So true! I was reeling in a fish on the beach, and as I was releasing my catch - this heron started charging at me. I let my catch go, and it went diving in after it. They are beautiful though..

    ReplyDelete