Wednesday, August 11, 2021

I see you, do you see me?


This painting is as a result of our walk this morning at Meaher park. We decided to camp for a few days and use our expensive toy we bought this summer. We are really enjoying ourselves, with lots of walks, bike rides, and socially distanced chats with other campers. We went out early, me  looking for a specific bird I had seen at the boat launch. Just as we came to the area, he burst out of the plants along the ramp flying over a ramp for kayaks. That's when the alligator jumped off the ramp and into the water. We continued our walk after I photographed the alligator just peeking out of the water. We headed down a path, that ended at a boardwalk. We almost didn't go, because the biting flies were already out. We were blessed by seeing multiple fish including some of the largest mullet I've ever seen. While walking back on the end of the boardwalk we were rewarded by a sighting of a purple gallinule! A first for both of us! Our walk ended up being over a mile and a half long too!

I see you, do you see me?, Acrylic on canvas, 12*12 inches
Day 44 of the 100 days-100 paintings 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment