Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Surprise!


Surprise!
Day 50 already!
51 days until the Annual National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama
October 7-10th, 2021
Well not really, another sea turtle.
I absolutely love painting these guys.
I pray it shows.

Today we did multiple things in multiple places.
We both worked in our studios, me on this painting, Chris turning a beautiful bowl.
The Sally wood is starting to be able to be turned with minimal effort.
Although today he put a bowl in the microwave in an effort to dry it some and it warped.
I'm sure someone will still love it for their home
I finished my painting and put it in the car to finish drying in the heat.
Meanwhile, we decided it was lunchtime.
We stopped at the East Shore Cafe in Daphne and were pleasantly surprised.
Both the food and pricing were pretty good, we will be back.
 We then went to the bank and deposited a check for me, 
while Chris got some cash to buy another kayak.

We are also making plans for friends to return from their sojourn in Africa.
It has been a tough 3 months, with lockdowns, inability to go to church, and a bout with Covid.
We are looking forward to their return to rest and get stronger for next year.
Meanwhile plans will be made for further adventures with these wanderers and missionaries.
Chris and I want to go ourselves, both to Africa and India.
We are making plans for next year.

We got home after lunch and I varnished my turtle, letting it dry while I sketched out two shadowboxes.
Once Surprise! was dry, I headed to Stewart Heath Gallery to take 7 new works for my space.
I took 4 of the new rounds, and Stewart was pleased with their look.
The gallery is gaining 4 new artists and there will be a major rehanging of all the spaces.
I am going back in the morning to lend a hand with hanging.

The days are going by fast now, our oldest grandson turned 8, Dahlia turned the page on two weeks, and our grandson Neel is pushing hard on being three.
Time is going by too fast, especially since we've been unable to go to India.
I am grateful to God that we got the two months with Christina here before Covid hit the world stage.
Life goes on, even if we're not ready for it to continue!

Surprise! Acrylic on wood panel, 24 inches round
Day 50 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021




 

No comments:

Post a Comment