Monday, August 16, 2021

Baby blue


Blue crab, one of my favorite things to eat from the ocean locally.
In addition to delivering "That's a Big Blue II" to the Audubon center, I also painted this guy!
The day started out calmly enough and continued throughout the day.
The Tropical storm Fred we were anticipating here, never materialized.
Grace is slated to go over to Corpus Christie Texas later this week.
Henri is just wandering in a circle in the Atlantic.
Looks like we've dodged storms again!
Although that's not to say there aren't more storms brewing off the coast of Africa.
It's all a part of living here on the Gulf Coast!

Any way the day proceeded calmly enough for me to paint after starting my day with my Bible.
I am praying for a lot of people right now, most of all my friends in the medical field.
ANY medical field worker now.
It's got to be nerve wracking to even be a dental hygienist right now.
Or a person working at the grocery store.
The mom waiting tables while her babies wait at home.
Be kind to all please.
I pray while I paint, I pray while I walk, I pray while washing dishes.
I love taking those moments out to lift people up.
I had one person pop into my head today, that I have not heard from in a while.
So, I prayed for him while riding in the car today.
I'm also praying for multiple friends that are currently fighting Covid.
My friends also ask me to pray for their friends.

I also was looking for  a possible letter today from one of the shows I've applied for and done for years.
My girlfriend, got a letter last week and I felt kinda snubbed.
Then opening my email for informed delivery, I was happy to see a letter from the show that was coming in.
Problem is, the mail was running late.
Or not at all.....
I prayed Lord please don't let our carrier be sick.
Wait! I'll check ZAPP!
Sure enough, there it was on the website.
ACCEPTED
I immediately paid my booth fee.
Then while walking toward dark this evening, I saw a mail truck drive down another road.
Maybe....
Yes there was the mail, I already knew about the show but there was another letter from the 
Alabama Contemporary Art Center.
It contained my check for the three days of Art Camp we got in before it was cancelled.
Something is better than nothing!

The shows are now lined up in a neat row.
October 7th-10th 10am-6pm two booths, Marine life & Steampunk! 
National Shrimp Festival, Gulf Shores, Alabama
October 16th & 17th 10-5pm Jubilee festival, Daphne, Alabama
we skip a week,
October 30th & 31st, 10-5 daily Mattie Kelly, Destin, Florida
November 6th & 7th, Peter Anderson, Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

It's going to be a full season hopefully.
If only the Covid numbers would just go down.......
I pray.

Baby Blue, Acrylic on wood panel, 24 inches
Day 49 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021


 

No comments:

Post a Comment