Thursday, August 19, 2021

Close encounter II


So, I'm finally finding a groove in that completing the paintings are not a difficulty. 
Finding the time to do them is another story altogether!
Too many thing vie for my attention these days.
Laundry, cooking, housework are a few.
I don't have to, I get to.
Then, I'm not complaining mind you.
My sweet sister in law has not had her truck for a few days because of an issue with a piece of plastic.
The engine became a sieve, pouring water out almost as soon as it was put in!
Dropping off the truck meant we were her ride for a few days.
Today especially, I got to spend time with her, driving Miss Daisy to a  couple of appointments today.
(not her name)
We got to spend time together and it was precious to me.
I never had a sister, so she is the closet I'll ever get to having one.
Came home from first appointment.
Chris wanted me to drive the camper as I had never really driven it since we got it.
I want to take it for a few days with sister.
I drove downtown, moved the mirrors, and backed down the driveway.
Then we were off to the next appointment for sister.
Two appointments down and yippee!
Her truck was ready, much to her delight.
We came home in our separate vehicles, I spent a few minutes at home.
I remembered as I sat at the easel an appointment for me!
I had obligated myself to help at the church for an hour organizing.
I finished at the church and wanted desperately to paint.
Dinner had to be prepared, eaten, and cleaned up.
I hit the studio this evening, finally relaxing enough to really focus and paint this lovely pair.
Oh wait, there's laundry waiting!
I must leave again, tearing myself away from my easel and the art room.
Tomorrow is another day!
We pick up friends from their African adventure for 2021 at noon.
But wait!
Steampunk is calling..................

Close encounter II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24x24 inches
Day 52 0f the 100 days~100 paintings 2021 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment