Monday, August 23, 2021

I painted! Really I did!


Today's post does not reveal completely what I'm working on currently.
Steampunks are intense folks, this one already has about 15 hours in it.
Any guess as to what this one is going to be?

I spent the entire morning painting shadowboxes white.
I went through the beginning of my gallon of Liquitex soft white.
I am so happy to be able to support a business in Alabama as well.
Years ago, I worked at Alabama Art Supply in Mobile, Alabama.
It was the best art supply store on the entire Gulf Coast, with a great selection of supplies.
The store carried student, college, and professional supplies.
We also supplied a lot of teachers with their needs.
Unfortunately, the store in Mobile is no longer in existence.
Fortunately, the Birmingham store is still up and running!
They have called several times, wanting to know if I needed supplies.
Most of the time, I'm good.
However, I was fast running out of soft white to paint my canvases.
The owner, Ken Webster told me he could get it and with Ken's club ($40.00 year)
 the price is actually lower than Dick Blick.
I ordered the white along with several large tubes of Golden color.
Then in the process of talking we got down to canvas by the roll.
The price he quoted was too high as I could get it at Hobby Lobby cheaper.
Price?
I heard the adding machine going.
"I can do that price"
I ordered canvas too.
Problem was, when he delivered, YES! delivered to my door there was no gallon of white.
The company had neglected to send the white in his order from the company.
He brought me two small bottles of white to tide me over.
He called his representative at the company and had them drop ship the paint to my house.
Long and the short of it, when you deal with an owner, things get done!
If you need supplies, Alabama Art comes down once a month with a van.
They can also ship to your house pretty quickly.
It's worth the phone call to them to find out! 


I painted! Really I did! Acrylic on multiple canvases, multiple sizes
Day 56 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what conversations will produce! It’s becoming a lost ‘art’…

    The local ‘little guys’ are what built this great country. Nowadays, we’ve lost sight of that notion. Keep up your beautiful work Mrs. Loran!!

    ReplyDelete