Friday, August 6, 2021

Beautiful Blue Heron


These birds are incredible! 
I love to watch them walking along the shoreline, suddenly darting out to snatch a fish from the water.
Or a tiny baby water turtle.
Or a water snake.
Or a fisherman's catch.
In other words they are opportunists, looking for the next meal.
We were kayaking in the Florida Keys and saw some guys just arriving 
for an afternoon of wetting their hooks.
Just as soon as the hooks hit the water, the Blue Heron swooped in, hungrily waiting.
They said the day before it had grabbed their fish before they could reel it completely into shore.
I wouldn't want to argue with one myself!
This one is going to be donated for a fundraiser.
Please stay safe and be extra careful.
The fundraiser is for a young man in the prime of life cut down by Covid.
He left a wife and two young children behind.

Today was a long day of canvas.
I started out the morning with Chris, marking out and cutting canvas for multiple shadowbox canvases.
(And yes honey, I'm sorry for what I said while we were cutting canvas!)
They still seem a bit short to me, but I'll make them work.
We were both hungry, so we picked up checks from the gallery downtown and made a deposit.
We then grabbed a lovely lunch at the Teak Restaurant.
I had spicy red curry with jasmine rice and shrimp,YUM!
We then came back home and I went to the studio, putting the 
canvas pieces in the corners of 22 shadowbox.
I then stretched 6 12x36's.
Dinner was next after a short ride with the dogs. (yes every afternoon unless it's really hot or raining)
I then prepared dinner, cleaned up and now am back in the studio stretching.
I've been in here since 7pm and it is now almost 9pm.
My back hurts, so I'll throw in the towel for today!

Beautiful Blue Heron, Acrylic on canvas. 16x20
Day 39 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment