Thursday, August 5, 2021

Lively loggerhead!


I spent the majority of the day cleaning in the Raccoon Retreat studio.
Sometimes I just have to stop and pick up, pack up, put away.
In the midst of the chaos that has been my studio as of late, things have gotten out of hand.
I have papers everywhere with references, drawings and photos.
Piles that sometimes cause things to become lost in the shuffle of paper.
Art supplies spilling off every conceivable surface, you get the picture right?
Besides the steampunk items were trying to grab my leg as I went by.
Don't get me started on the rolls of canvas sliding down onto the floor.
Anyway, I've had lots of stuff pulled out to teach this summer.
With classes out of the way, I can put things away.
I've ordered canvases to fill in where I used them up for the show in Mississippi.
My canvas stockpile has not been that low in years.
BTW, if you've never tried the Michaels pro packs, check it out!
The pricing for the canvas is almost too good to be true and it comes to your door! 
I have also ordered the round wood panels from hobby Lobby as they are on sale this week for 50% off.
The space at the gallery looks really elegant for Art walk this Friday night.
Hello Gallery is a beautiful space, go by and check them out on Friday night August 6th.

I am really pleased with this guy!
I had to mix up a lot of new sepia and I'm pleased it is very close to what I had before.
That is the advantage of a limited palette, it's pretty simple to get the color mixtures right!
If  the  turtle looks familiar, it may be that you saw the one at 
Arts & Crafts that was the first painting sold.

Things are hopping here.
Fall shows are lining up, and I'm getting excited folks.
Now if everyone would step back and stay home a few days until Delta settles down.
Otherwise the fall shows may be no shows.
Prayers the shows go on!
Goodnight!

Lively Loggerhead, Acrylic on canvas, 48 x 40 inches
Day 38 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
This is a reverse and it's on 3 canvases instead of 4!
Lots of fun to paint too.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment