Monday, August 2, 2021

Welcome Little One!


For those of you that are familiar with my story this will not be a surprise.
I have a daughter living in India full time.
She was married in a beautiful week of ceremonies in India as well.
She lives with her husband's parents as this is the way in their country.
Almost three years ago, she gave birth to our second grandson in September.

Neel is now a big brother!
Dahlia was born about 10:30pm India time.
The photos I've seen of her are a beautiful baby girl!
We now have a granddaughter.
I am in so much trouble as I adore girls.
I will have to resist buying out the stores for little girl items.
Mom, daughter, and husband are all doing well.
Praying for protection from Covid for all while in the hospital.

Meanwhile, I paint!
Today's piece belongs to her when she leaves home for her own place in the world.
This is the painting for her day of birth.
Neel's was a pair of Parrots in a tree I photographed at the Taj Mahal.
I painted it while in India working in daddy's office.
Archer's was a blue crab painted in the waiting room at the hospital.
A baby Indian elephant playing in the water is Dahlia's.
Each year on their birthday, I paint another piece to add to their collection
 and each one is dated with the year of completion.
Welcome Dahlia!

Welcome Little one!, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6
Day 35 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
 

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect gift that she will always treasure! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete