Sunday, August 22, 2021

The intruder II


A wonderful Sunday.
We attended church online because the Covid numbers here are just too high.
Still concerned about fall shows, but I am forging ahead in my paintings.
The intruder II is another blue heron.
I'm still on the fence about the rounds, but they are a delight to paint.
I have two more rounds ready to go, and because the Hello gallery here sold both of my colored crabs yesterday, they want more to replace.
I also need to replace two at Stewart Heath Gallery as she sold yesterday as well.
I treated myself to brushes today because I had a $10 voucher about to expire at Michaels.
I also had a $19 gift card balance, that combined with discounts 
got me 12 brushes and some Liquitex Flow aid.
I walked out the door after paying $10 and some change.

As I said, I am forging ahead with the 100 days.
Last year, I did not even finish because of a why bother attitude that got 
ahold of me and would not let go.
My favorite show, the National Shrimp Festival cancelled for last fall and it was a hard pill to swallow.
Other shows, (one just as large) went on and people were courteous with their mask wearing.
Art shows are like that, if people come out to one, it's generally because they 
want to find a special piece of art.
The year before, in 2019 the show lost a day because of hurricane Michael.
Then that Saturday we had torrential downpours that postponed the opening until late.
My girlfriend even lost a tent in the process because the water just pulled her tent down into a tangled mess of metal and canvas. 
Fortunately, her art was not affected.
With another tent, she was up and running again within a couple of hours.
I believe she even sold some while waiting for the tent to come!
In the meantime, I paint!

The steampunk is beginning to flow now as well.
It's a lot harder to complete one of these guys in a day, so you'll get bits and pieces until I am done.
This year at the Annual National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores in October,
I will have TWO booths!
One will be the regular marine life that I am known for and people love.
The steampunk is a much more extreme style of art requiring a lot of 
drawing, transferring, and finally painting.
Each piece typically takes 2-4 weeks to complete and they are intense to paint!
I really enjoy them though, and am looking forward to working on the series before festival season.
Can you guess what it is going to be?  


The intruder II, Acrylic on wood panel, 24 inches round
Day 55 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment