Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Taking flight


I am so happy with this one!
Although, I am getting concerned with the numbers of Covid cases increasing 
to cause shows to collapse for the Fall season.
Cases in Alabama are rapidly increasing and a lot of them are children.
God only knows what the school year will bring, with children going back very soon.
I wish the schools would push back the date to start until September at least.
I can remember when school never went back into session until after Labor day.
At least, that's the way it was where I went to school.
You see, I was all over the USA going to school.
When we moved back to Mobile, I had finished up my Sophomore year in California.
We ended in mid June.
I came home to Alabama and BAM school starts back in August!
Three days after we moved back.
I was not happy at all.

Anyway, taking flight.
Makes me want to go camping, where we cannot hear the news and I can calmly paint the day away.
I wish this Virus would take flight and go away or at least calm down.
That's not going to happen unless people take a step back and realize 
our behaviors are what's causing the situation we're in now.

Choices.
God gave us free will to make choices.
My choice is to keep others safe as well as myself.
We will not be going to church except online.
To the grocery store unless necessary.
Art supplies, I'm getting to be a pro at ordering online!
Holed up in the Raccoon retreat studio, painting the day and sometimes the night away!
Stay safe my friends, wear your mask, wash your hands, and social distance as much as you can!
Prayers lifted up for all that are sick, are exposed and awaiting results, especially those who worry!

Taking Flight, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12 inches
Day 36 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Sadly, we need to start adapting to a new "normal". I've stopped watching the news, and stick to the paper - it's a little easier to absorb. Your paintings are also a lovely distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your kind words on my pieces. So glad you got to see the show in place. The space is gorgeous and the art is beautiful there!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete