Friday, August 20, 2021

Close encounter III


Today went by so fast!
We started the day by doing some light grocery shopping for our friend arriving home from Africa.
I brought groceries to their house, and also did some light housekeeping and dusting.
I then went home and picked up Chris so we could drive to Pensacola as that is where their flight was coming into from Washington, D.C.
Smiles all around when they walked into the gate!
Hugs from friends that have been through so much in the past few months. 
I'm sure there will be lots of stories to come.
Anyway, we got home after dropping them off at their place.
The weather was getting gloomy, so we both took a nap with the dachshunds as willing companions.
Then the lightning started along with the thunder for a couple of hours.
We ate leftovers for dinner and I headed to the studio.
The torrential rain started not long after.
At times, it almost sounded like a hurricane outside, with sheets of rain and wind.
Hmmmm, my umbrella is open on the deck by the pool. I pray it survived.
I painted this guy this evening and as the rain settles down to a gentle sound, 
it is making me sleepy and in need of rest.
Not to bed yet though!
Time to add inventory at the Hello Gallery in downtown Fairhope.
Until tomorrow I bid you goodnight!

Close encounter III, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24 inches
Day 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment