Thursday, August 12, 2021

Rhinoceros for Archer


It seems that our grandson is throwing a lot of curveballs lately.
Not the least of which is this guy.
When asked what do you want painted for your birthday?
He answered a rhinoceros.
That's different, I don't know where that came from!
Something new perhaps?
Anyway new school year, another year older.
Archer turns 8 today.
Every year on his birthday, I paint a painting for him.
I started the day he was born, painting a crab in the waiting room during his much anticipated birth.
The majority of them reside in my studio, just outside the door.
When he grows into a young man, he will have a collection to take with him that hopefully will remind him of growing up and the love his Yaya has for him.
All of his are in sepia tones, there is a crab, a sea turtle, a lion, a marlin with baitfish, 
a sea turtle with a dolphin, a pelican, a gecko, and a baby turtle.
NOW there's a rhinoceros too!
It just makes me giggle a little.
I am curious to hear why a rhinoceros.
That's another story for tomorrow!

Rhinoceros for Archer, Acrylic on canvas, 12x12 inches
Day 45 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021



 

No comments:

Post a Comment