Thursday, August 26, 2021

Cephalopods and seahorses


My goodness what a day!
All my days seem to be beautiful affirmations of how much my Father in Heaven loves me.
I spent the morning getting ready for a class I was teaching tonight.
I sketched canvases, pulled paints, and located brushes and other things to use in the class.
When I was not quite finished, Chris asked if I wanted to go pick up his sister.
She got some surgery done this morning on her wrist.
After getting our sister from the doctor, picked up some lunch, and  we settled her in.

I went back to the studio and finished packing and painting.
I added wires to the backs of two pieces I was taking to the Stewart Heath Gallery.
I then cleaned and varnished them.
I then settled into my easel for a couple of hours to paint before leaving for class.
I checked on sis, then drove to the Gallery.
Stewart was delighted with the pieces, especially the octopus you see here.
I love painting octopus, and this one was no exception.
I set up for class, priced and hung the two new pieces, and munched down some tuna and crackers.
In walks this couple, and after a conversation.
They bought my seahorse painting on the round panel!
You see, he used to sail on a boat named seahorse.
I personalized it with,
From one seahorse to another. 
One happy couple, and as you can see, one happy artist too!


Cephalopods and seahorses, Acrylic on shadowbox, 12x24
Day 59 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment