Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Mechanics of Pelicans


The Mechanics of Pelicans.
This one was intense to paint!
Why steampunk?
I love to paint rust, metal, wood, and engines
It is a style that is very different from my "normal" style and people sometimes doubt that I create them.
When in the same booth, people look all around several times pausing at the steampunk.
They ask, "you?"
"Yes, these are my OCD paintings."
Each one takes about 2-4 weeks to design and paint.
They are also the reason I have two booths at the National Shrimp Festival this year.
I want them to be judged on their own merit.
I had several left from my show at the Merry Widow last December, but I am down to two originals.
The steampunk is also fun to me though, adding to the final product with gears and such.
Obviously not painted in one day, but definitely finished today!
This piece was 4 days of laying on the paint.
Glazing and layering came as well.
The original drawing was just a plain pelican, laying parts and pieces on top to get the desired effect.
There are vintage sewing machine parts, silver serving dishes, lid supports, salad forks, an escape ladder, shoe horn, steamer pieces, and a pot strainer!
I hope you like him as much as I do!

I also painted 10-24 x 24 shadowboxes white today as well.
But that was boring, so I'll spare the details!

The Mechanics of Pelicans, Acrylic on canvas, 24x24inches
Day 57 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

1 comment: