Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Great Blue Heron pair

I know I've said it before, but this was a fun little painting to create!
I am hoping this series is as enjoyable to look at. I just can't seem to find a flash on the fire. I will have to have brighter lighting or daylight perhaps. I started this early this morning about 9, quickly scrumbling the background. My intention was to just block in colors, then add details later in the day. I was working hard with the helpers watching me lay colors down in  rapid succession. Not long after, Christina joined me in the studio as she had gotten Neel off to the land of his for his morning nap. We both worked hard and the next thing I knew, this little painting was finished in a little more than a few hours. I tweaked it just a bit more to finish laying in highlights and signed it. I am really looking forward to seeing the series stretched and varnished!

Here is a detail shot of the birds.

Today was quiet enough to be a relaxing day. We were going to try and get to the fabric store, but the lack of one driver 
put a small hitch in our plans. Even though Christina has her license to drive, and now speaks some Hindi we were both hesitant to get in the car by ourselves with a possible screaming baby.

 Whew!

We did go out for a short coffee break instead of afternoon tea at Starbucks in one of the markets. Two tall drinks, and a large cookie were about $10. (775 rupies)
We came back and visited a while before Christina took the baby upstairs for a short nap.
 Here I sit, blogging away listening to the cacophony of street noises coming through the windows of the house. 
Motorcycles and cars beeping their horns before turning a corner. (The parking in their block is very tight, and when you consider 4 families living in one building with up to two cars per family. Parking is at a premium!)
Neighborhood dogs barking, distant horns blowing, people talking and just general street noise. The noise is so thick you can almost taste it!I

Great Blue Heron pair, Acrylic on canvas, 4x24inches
Day 48 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. Very different art from what I am use to with you.

    Pretty.

    ReplyDelete