Saturday, January 12, 2019

Octopodes are friendly


The plural of Octopus is Octopodes. 
Who knew? I didn't!
The word Octopus comes from the Greek, and the Greek plural form is octopodes.
You can send a percentage of any money you win by betting on this to me!
Just kidding!

Today found us chasing around an active 5 year old while trying to accomplish something here at the house and in the studio. It is almost impossible to get anything done, by the way! I know our adult children are grateful to not have his delightful self underfoot while they are trying to move into their new house. They are traveling from the apartment to the new house and it would be a challenge to keep an eye on him as well as move furniture while not crushing him because he is trying to help. 
He helped us begin painting his furniture for his new room. I say helped, he played outside, dug in the dirt, and "built" things while we were painting the furniture. He did finally get to help handle a roller and was very careful with the red paint he picked out for the furniture. I am painting the handles black, the base cabinet red and the drawer fronts will be covered with contact paper dad bought with star wars blueprints on it. It should be really cool. We are also doing a raised bed with a dresser underneath and a desk on the end. The plan is to also use the headboard as a backboard for the desk, adding a magnetic chalkboard to the two panels. I am picking up the contact paper tomorrow to cover the drawer fronts. I may also try to cover the bed frame as well. 

At least that's the plan!

Speaking of plans, I have been accepted into the 
Gulf Breeze Celebrates the arts show March 23rd and 24th.
If I get into the Art in the Pass show, we will be going to shows 4 weekends in a row!
Both of us and the tents will be getting a workout!
I have also been invited to do a One Woman Show at the Audubon Center in Moss Point, MS Opening late May into the entire month of June and July 2020.
We JUST started 2019!
God's plan is perfect! 

I am also feeling the pressure of the trip to India next week.
 I am trying to get the items wanted and needed from the USA. 
I only hope I have room for some clothing!
 I am bringing two large suitcases and will begin the process of actually packing them on Monday. 
Baby clothes, a new exerciser for the baby, Christmas gifts for all!
Keep in mind I will be working while there, painting a piece a day and blogging as usual.
Paints, brushes, a palette, canvas and references!  
So I guess that means you dear reader, will be traveling too with me to India!
Pack your bags!
Hope you come along for the ride!

Octopodes are friendly, Acrylic on canvas, 16x16
Day 37 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment