Monday, January 14, 2019

Leatherback babies



These little guys were just fun to paint!
They are both from the book that Chris bought me about Sea Turtles from the library sale.
I could not be happier with how they turned out.

While mentioning turning out, I must say as parents we have given our all these past few days. We have both put forward our best help possible. Helping with moving and watching the grand while they were between homes. We are all tired. Some of us are injured too!
Our son in law bruised a tendon when a barbell landed on his arm. He had an x ray and nothing is broken. I managed to put a bruise on my back, coming up under the table saw while working in the shop on the grands furniture. Several fingernails lost in the midst of the melee as well, some false, some real. I think they are out of the apartment now,and starting the process of long days of straightening , unpacking, putting away, and wondering why did I pack that. I spent the day at the new house, scrubbing overspray off the new cabinets and lining the back with contact paper in a lovely marble pattern. I must say, the cabinets now are looking rather elegant!

The two baby leatherback turtles are for yesterday and today of course.
I was worn out from too much activity and forgot to post after painting.
I guess my age is catching up with me, The mind is willing but the body is weak!
They are in their tuxedo pattern, which helps to protect them from some of their predators. 
The leatherbacks are much more textured when they are babies, as opposed to when they are adults and have their much smoother skin and shell.
 Good luck little guys!


Leatherback babies I & II, Acrylic on canvas, 8x8 inches
Days 38 & 39 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment: