Friday, January 11, 2019

Morning is his time


This series is a bit of an experiment on my part. 
I have several ideas bouncing around my studio, but I don't always act upon them.
I cannot become bored with my Artist life, there are too many things to paint!
I have a swipe file that is thick with things I want to paint. I add and subtract from it as the years go by, changing the tape on the front to reflect the current year.

This series is inspired by something I saw at the Naples show.
People have always been in love with the long skinny canvases, 
but I've only done them in a 4 x 12 size. They invariably get snapped up quickly. 
These guys are on custom canvases 4 x 24!
I will be finishing the series while in India. 
Meanwhile, a sneak peek ! 
Tell me what you think!

This weekend finds us helping our daughter, Jessica and her family move into their new home. We also delivered a massive entertainment center that is gorgeous in Sean's office. (And was a absolute steal at $60.00! I am going to be doing a lot of painting in the next few weeks over there, getting everything just so! We also have a set of furniture here to paint as well before delivering it to their new home. We are also building a loft bed frame for our grand to put in his room. 
Tomorrow we'll all be wearing messy clothes and wielding brushes and rollers in attempt to paint the bedroom set I purchased as well for another $50.00. Old 80's furniture, should be interesting to see how that project works out! I just pray the rain holds off so we can get some work done.

Things are hopping here at the Raccoon retreat studio.
I have a pile of items to take to India, but I have not even begun to pack!
Long days and nights ahead.....

Morning is his time, Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 24 inches
Day 36 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment: