Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Lionfish on the attack II


Another day of projects and more projects.
Chris and I went to the bank today, me to get cash for a bill and him to deposit a check. Our lives are pretty mundane the majority of the time with the usual every day things to do. We went to The Artists Gallery in Fairhope to change out artworks in my space that I share with Chris. We added several new pieces and the space looks fresh for the next month. I've also been lining up the canvases for the India trip, finding references and making copies for a new series inspired by the 
show in Naples, Florida. ( I have to take canvases, paints, and references for 25 paintings!)
The show in Naples made me feel like I had finally 'made it' as an artist. The show was gorgeous, and while there was some 'weird art', it was all very high quality art. I felt honored to be a part of this wonderful show. Hopefully, I will get juried in again next year, as we are keen to go back. 

Meanwhile I wait for the acceptance or rejection from several shows I have applied to for the spring season. One show I usually try to do is the St Francis show on Dauphin Island. Unfortunately, they have moved the date to the weekend I hope to be in Melbourne, Florida for the Festival there at Wickham Park. So, Scratch one off the list. Actually two, there is another one I will not be participating in because it has not been a break even show for me the past couple of years. The kids will be delighted I hope. Their mother being free for mother's day this year for a change will make them happy, I know I will be!
I have no less than 4 shows awaiting acceptance or rejection still on the table. 
Some are easy to get into, others not so much!
So many of my friends telling me they have been rejected from shows they've done for years. 
I feel fortunate to have been accepted into several shows that others find hard to get in.
Proverbs 16:33 says, We throw the dice, but God determines where they land. 
So I wait for the path God sets for me.

Although, I don't take chances about camping because of  reservations being at a premium. I already have reservations for both shows in Florida during late April and early May. One we made as we were leaving the park, the other made on the first day of availability at Fort Clinch on Amelia Island. 
I got one of the last two spots. 
I put in for that all the way back in June of last year!
I was super happy about that one.
 It means we will be within a bike ride to the show!
Now to just get into the show!

Still looking for Lionfish to eat locally!

I hope your New Year is going very well, and I wish you much joy , peace, and prosperity for the coming year!

Lionfish on the Attack II, Acrylic on Canvas, 12x12
Day 33 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment