Monday, January 28, 2019

Sea turtles are beautiful

My post comes this evening as the day for me comes to a close. I painted this guy in between meals, discussions, and a little afternoon trip to drop off an entry for Christina at one of the state owned museum galleries here. I took the baby carrier along with Neel and wandered two of the galleries featuring a national watercolor show. Several of the pieces were so so and some were quite nicely done. One piece in particular spoke to me with an older bearded man pushing his bicycle in a crowded market. The main colors were red orange and turquoise and it was lovely. Unfortunately, they had a guest book, but no price list anywhere to be seen. I walked away, wondering if I could've afforded it for our home.  Neel was getting restless so I wandered outside to the sculpture garden. There were artisans working on pieces in the side yard, but we did not disturb them. It was then time for lunch at the Imperial. The Imperial is a beautiful hotel with excellent things in their menu at the restaurant. Chicken panini with fresh mozzarella, small salad and fries. The sandwich was so large I only ate half.
I have very intention of finishing it for lunch tomorrow. We then headed back using a roundabout that had absolutely no rhyme or reason. I really hope my words convey the visual of the traffic here, our driver is a master of his craft!

Sea Turtles are beautiful, Acrylic on canvas, 12x24
Day 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment