Friday, July 2, 2021

A near miss


"A near miss" is what I imagine a sea turtle would do when encountering a human at close range.
I envision them putting on the brakes with their flippers, wondering what large creature is this!
This guy was eager in his swimming. 
I came upon him at the Loggerhead Marine center on the coast of Florida.
This to me was an enchanting place, because the tanks containing these incredible creatures were large. They also had the most wonderful window so you could see the turtle inside swimming.
I was hard pressed to stop taking photos and tear myself away, only to find another one to photograph. 
The turtles were very used to humans and used the windows to see if you had anything for them to eat.
This place was wonderful to go and see their program rehabilitating these beautiful creatures from their illnesses before releasing them back into the wild blue ocean.
I will go back some day!

Today's piece was interesting with all the levels of edges in and out of the canvas frame.
Yet another piece headed to the Pascagoula River Audubon Center for my solo show!

"A near miss", Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x16
Day 4 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment