Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Beautiful Blue I


There are not too many things on earth that make me wonder more than a blue crab.
Why the Lord made such a weird and wonderful looking creature, I'll never know while here on this blue marble we call home.
To start off, those mouth parts.
Kinda reminds me of a spider in a way.
Then the way God put them not only in the Gulf of Mexico, but on the East coast.
In the Maryland area no less!
Visitors to our coast ask why I paint "their" crabs from up north.
I then educate that we have them here too!
The other thing that is so cool about them.
The girls "paint" their nails.
Boys are blue, girls are red.
You don't have to touch them to identify them!
I have yet to have a fisherman believe me and tell me it's true.

Anyway, Beautiful Blue is one of two to replace the big blue at the Pascagoula River Audubon Center.
They sold it Monday and needed a replacement piece or two.
Tomorrow is another Beautiful Blue!

"Beautiful Blue I" Acrylic on canvas, 24x30
Day 16 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment