Thursday, July 8, 2021

Lovely turtle


They're all lovely to me, the sea turtles.
I really enjoy painting them, big or small.
Colored or sepia.
Multi canvas or single.
Today we went to the Coastal Alabama Chamber and paid for 
my booths at the National Shrimp Festival.
Booths........
That still kind of scares me.
One booth marine life I can do standing on my head.
The other Steampunk, which are extremely involved and complicated.
The steampunk will stand alone quite well I think because they were so well received at Arts & Crafts.
 I will really just have to work hard to get them done.
Add to that, the fact that I've sold three of my originals in the past two months.
Not that I'm complaining mind you!
I absolutely adore designing and painting them.
Why two booths?
I have shown them before together.
Even though I am standing there, people find it hard to believe that I actually paint them!
The style is so different from my usual fare, but still beautifully detailed.
I truly believe that the steampunk is the reason I got an award this spring at Arts & Crafts.
I want to see them judged separately.
It's going to be a fun summer!
One more class to teach in Mobile, one more camping trip, then I have to knuckle down for sure.

On a side note, while traveling to pay booth fees 
I wanted to pick up more fabric to cover my walls in the booth.
Fabrics by the pound is where I purchased my grey material before and I wanted to drop by and see if they had more on hand.
The gentleman I talked to said no they were sold out.
Then he said wait, what color?
Grey.
Let me look.
He came out a few minutes later with a very long roll of extremely dirty fabric.
It had gotten wet and had spots all over the outside.
I had him remove the fabric from the roll as it would never fit in my car.
As he unrolled, the fabric was perfect except for being dirty.
He minimally charged me after seeing the spots were through the entire roll.

Spots, what spots?
I have cut the roll into 10 ft pieces and washed them in hot water.
Spots are gone!
I have fabric to cover my walls that is an EXACT match to my other walls!

One happy artist after painting today too!

Lovely turtle, Acrylic on poured background, 4x12 inches
Day 10 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021




 

No comments:

Post a Comment