Saturday, July 10, 2021

The encounter


"The encounter" is another sea turtle multi piece canvas.
After the sale of my large octopus at the gallery, I asked the owner what would she like.
I asked turtles or octopus?
Turtles came the reply.

So, here we are.
More turtles.
I never seem to have enough on hand of them or enough octopus.
So I continue to paint them both.
I am actually teaching a class at Stewart Heath Gallery in August featuring a sea turtle.
Simplified and in color of course!
I simply love painting them!

I also laid out the steampunk pelican I will be working on in between 
Summer surge sets at church and my one a day paintings.
It's going to be an interesting end to the summer with the next four weeks especially hectic.
Grandson (and a painting a day),
 one week camping trip (and a painting a day),
 one week teaching in Mobile (and a painting a day),
 then summer surge at church (and a painting a day).
Something else on the calendar, but I don't have a date as of yet.
I have to remind myself, when I started the 100 days in 2009 I was working a full time job, coming home and cooking, cleaning the kitchen, then painting at night!

The shows have started responding as well. 
I have an acceptance from Mattie Kelly on October 30 & 31st in Destin, Florida. 
I've also been notified that Arts & Crafts in March 2022 has automatically juried me in for the show because I won an award this year. 
Covid is still winning though, preventing me from following my heart to India and Africa.
Probably for the best, I don't think I could fit them in right now and keep my sanity!

Life here at the Raccoon Retreat studio really couldn't get much better!
Although a clone would be nice to take care of the laundry, cooking, and cleaning.
Which reminds me, I need to make the bed I stripped this morning!
Goodnight!

"The encounter", Acrylic on multiple canvases, 60 wide x 36 tall
Day 12 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021






 

No comments:

Post a Comment