Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Seahorse II


Wow what a day!
I started out with Bible study and prayer because that is the way I start my day almost every day.
I get out of sorts when I don't start by diving into the word.
I fairly swim in the words on the pages, and sometimes the passages give
 me deep insights into God's pure love.

We got on the road early this morning to go to Mississippi to hang the show at the 
Pascagoula River Audubon Center in Moss Point.
What a gorgeous space! 
I've never been there physically, only through emails and photographs.
Anyway, we drove the distance through rainfall the entire way.
Once arriving, we met Susan coming in and she told us to park under the overhang.
Then she told us about the lift!
Almost the entire show fit on the lift and we walked up the ramp.
Unloading was so easy, then we started to unpack and lay out pieces on the floor.
The excitement in me was evident as I laid out the works in their respective spaces.
Jeremy was there to help me hang.
I think he saw what a task it would be and decided if I needed help to call and he would come.
Multi canvas pieces are not easy to put into place, requiring careful measurements.
Anyway we got it all done, hung and marked with pink tags in about three hours total.
It is a large show with 47 pieces on 58 canvases!
The promotion they do is fantastic as well, with email blasts out to their supporters.
I am really looking forward to the reception on the 15th of July.




On to today's piece, Seahorse II was an easy time to paint and relax with listening to music.
I finished off the day with layering a steampunk pelican in parts.
It's going to be interesting to be in the studio this summer!
Thanks for going on the ride with me!

Seahorse II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16x16
Day 8 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment