Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Feeling partly cloudy


I'm feeling partly cloudy that is!
It has been a looooooooooong day to say the least!
I started out as usual with my Bible readings, journaling and sending Scriptures 
and my journal entry to my friends in Africa.
This is a daily ritual for me, starting with the readings and ending with the texts. 
I then can start my day!
I went to the bank first in an effort to help Christina with a transfer but it was a useless trip.
I then went on to the church in an effort to organize before others showed up wanting to help.
I got there at about 9:15.
Help showed up around 10 and boy did we work.
In between letting them know what was next to complete, I was building clouds.
At least I pray they look like clouds.
Problem is, I needed a virtual ton of Chinese lanterns to build them, but all I could find were itty bitty ones at Dollar tree. I bought what I could, but it was not enough to make large clouds.
After going to three stores with no luck, I ended up back at Dollar Tree.
The holy spirit nudges me frequently, and the trip to Dollar Tree was no exception.
I purchased a dozen baskets, and 15 colanders.
This gave me 4 baskets and five colanders apiece for the clouds.
I used zip ties to put them together.
That afternoon one of my good friends came and brought the batting 
I had asked her to purchase for me.
We wrapped the bundles of basketry with paper, Then used the batting to cover the paper.
We then added pieces here and there to fill them out.
I am pleased, but very tired as I did not get home until 6pm.
I started a blue crab painting, to day but will finish it in the morning, 
as my back and neck are giving me fits right now.
Time for a hot shower, and bedtime!


Feeling partly cloudy, plastic, batting, zip ties, 3-4 feet in size
Day 15 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment