Saturday, July 24, 2021

Living large II


Living large II was another of my pieces completed while working in the camper this past week.
It was fun, trying out the set up at the table. 
I will be putting an aluminum easel into the camper to use though! 
My back just cannot take the painting in my lap so much. 
My neck is complaining rather loudly in fact.
Stretches and paddle boarding help though, so there I go!

Today was fun.
Our wonderful son came to the house and looked at the generator in the motorhome.
You see, the original owner was able to get it to run for us to hear it.
Problem is even though he started it, he didn't let it run and we didn't test it under a load. (AC)
So, when we pushed the button, nothing.
Chris was convinced the house battery was dead and started shopping.
Fortunately we didn't invest in a new one!
The house battery is fine, and now the generator runs beautifully too.
Although it's loud! 
Hopefully we can charge the battery and not leave it running while 
boondocking at Mattie Kelly in October.
Whew!
Twice now our son has helped us dodge a large payment for repairs.
First the hot water heater, (dirt dauber nest).
Now the generator, (clogged fuel filter).
Thanks son!
After he left we went to get a cover for the generator.
On the way, we found a construction site with a lot of scraps!
We have taken to dumpster diving as of late, with the cost of lumber skyrocketing.
We stopped and I asked the young man if we could glean from their trash pile.
He gave me the bosses number, and said call him.
The gentleman said he didn't mind at all, just be careful.
I assured him we would.
We then went o Hobby Lobby to get a roll of canvas.
Chris wandered over to Home Depot while I shopped.
I found the canvas, but also found a beautiful new product!
Hobby Lobby is now carrying wood panels with a slight shadowbox edge.
They were on sale, so I picked some up!
Gorgeous 24 inch rounds!
I am planning on two turtles and two lionfish.
So excited!
They also have Christmas out.
Hopefully it will go on sale soon so I can stock up on glass balls for my ornaments.
The pearl one's especially as they were extremely popular. 
Anyway, got home and painted the rounds white in preparation for paint.
I had stretched the 4 shadowboxes last night and painted them white this morning.
Sketched them off tonight!
Looooong day!
I'm toast.
Goodnight!

Living large II, Acrylic on canvas, 20x20
Day 26 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment