Saturday, July 3, 2021

Swiftly


"Swiftly"
Swiftly is a loggerhead sea turtle again.
We are smack dab in the middle of turtle season, but the nests are few and far between.
Orange beach has one I believe and that is a far cry from previous years.
We're hoping beyond all hope that the mamas will start coming in 
without harassment from excited beach vacationers. 
They did apparently arrest a couple of people in the last week that were 
witnessed harassing a turtle trying to nest.
Sea turtles are endangered, so leave them alone.

Today also found me and Chris on the hunt for parts and pieces to 
use for the basis of steampunk art I will be creating soon.
We had made it to several thrift stores with me purchasing some goodies to use.
We then stopped for lunch and I get a phone call.
It was Stewart Heath Gallery in Malbis asking if I still had my steampunk octopus. 
Called the "Mechanics of Octopus", this piece was created over several days of hard work.
She asked when I could bring it to the Gallery.
Tuesday? No mam, that's when I hang my solo show in Mississippi.
I asked, how about this afternoon?
Perfect! was Stewart's reply.
After junking we came home and both went our separate ways. 
Chris to the hardware store, me to the gallery with paintings in tow.
Upon arrival, I unpacked the Octopus and the Nautilus I brought just in case.
After speaking for a while, the prospective buyer walked in after getting her lunch.
She immediately was drawn to the piece and without skipping hardly a beat,
"I'll take it"
"The Mechanics of Octopus" will be residing in North Carolina soon!


I look really giddy in the photo!
Happy artist! 
Happy collector!
Happy Gallery owner!

Anyway, I have also been accepted into this years National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores.
For TWO booths.
One of my marine works, the other steampunk.
This are separate booths, each with about 30 feet of wall space!
Small problem though, I only have two originals left of my steampunk art.
It's going to be a long hard summer of painting and fun creating!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!

"Swiftly", Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 40
Day 5 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021





 

No comments:

Post a Comment