Sunday, July 30, 2017

Canvas preparations


Canvas preparation days.
Kind of a boring post because there is a sea of white in my studio right now! I painted over 40 canvas yesterday and another 12 ~24 x 24's today. At least 10 hours of white soft body Acrylic by Liquitex. The canvas must be painted white because the Gesso actually makes them look grey and the sepias don't look good at all!
 I don't use house paint, it would be a LOT cheaper! I use the Liquitex soft body because it flattens out to a smooth surface and has great coverage,. I am also concerned about my collectors receiving  an archival product.  I order it by the gallon and use a combination of brush and roller.  
Most of the time the big ones require two coats!

Anyway, I'm bushed! Sorry for no sea creatures to fill your dreams tonight!
More coming tommorow,  I promise!

Canvas preparation days, Acrylic on canvas, Several sizes
Day 28 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment