Sunday, July 9, 2017

Mobile Harbor~Middle Bay


I absolutely love the way this one turned out!
It started as a demonstration for a class, and I finally sat down and finished it! 
This one is mounted a new way for my watercolors. After finishing the watercolor, you spray varnish on it. I try to spray at least 2 or 3 coats of damar or acrylic. You then mount the paper onto canvas or board using acid free gel medium for acrylics. I brush the medium on to the paper and the substrate. After firmly pressing every possible area on the painting, you put as much weight on it as possible. (At least I do!) You can then varnish again if you like! The wonderful part about it is there is no need for glass or mats. While I know my framing friends will cringe at the thought, I prefer them this way. There is no glare on the glass, no glass to get broken, and none of the weight! This one is currently at the Artists gallery in Fairhope on South Section Street.

Mobile Harbor~Middle Bay, Watercolor paper mounted on canvas, 18 x 24
Day 7 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment